By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Legal Talk
Follow US
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Soldier injured in firing at Nagrota Army station in Jammu, search ops underway to track intruder – World News Network
National

Soldier injured in firing at Nagrota Army station in Jammu, search ops underway to track intruder – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: May 11, 2025 12:00 am
By worldnewsnetwork
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Nagrota (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], May 11 (ANI): An alert sentry at Nagrota Military Station thwarted a possible intrusion with timely action, triggering a brief exchange of fire and sustaining minor injuries, the Army’s White Knight Corps said.
A search operation has also been launched for the suspect.
“On noticing suspicious movement near the perimeter, the alert sentry at Nagrota Military Station issued a challenge, leading to a brief exchange of fire with the suspect. Sentry sustained a minor injury. Search operations are underway to track the intruder(s),” the White Knight Corps said on X.
https://x.com/Whiteknight_IA/status/1921263577677058442
Meanwhile, a complete blackout has been enforced in several areas of Punjab, including Pathankot, Ludhiana, Moga, Ferozepur, and Jalandhar on Saturday evening.
The Deputy Commissioner of Jalandhar issued a statement requesting the residents to keep calm, as a blackout has been enforced as a precautionary measure.
“Due to recent news in the media and as a precautionary measure, we are turning off street lights in some parts of Jalandhar. Blackout is not called at this time. Plz be calm as Jalandhar is unaffected at this point of time,” the statement reads.
India said on Saturday that Pakistan has violated the understanding reached between DGMOs of the two countries earlier in the day on the stoppage of firing and military action, and that the Indian Army is retaliating and dealing with the border intrusions.
At a special briefing, Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri said this is a breach of the understanding arrived at earlier today and India takes “very serious note of these violations”.
India called upon Pakistan to take appropriate steps to address these violations and deal with the situation with seriousness and responsibility.
Misri said India’s Armed Forces have been given instructions to deal strongly with any instances of repetition of the violations of the border along the International Border as well as the Line of Control.
“For the last few hours, there have been repeated violations of the understanding arrived at earlier this evening between the Directors General of Military Operations of India and Pakistan. This is a breach of the understanding arrived at earlier today. The armed forces are giving an adequate and appropriate response to these violations, and we take very, very serious note of these violations,” Misri said.
“We call upon Pakistan to take appropriate steps to address these violations and deal with the situation with seriousness and responsibility. The armed forces are maintaining a strong vigil on the situation. They have been given instructions to deal strongly with any instances of repetition of the violations of the border along the International Border as well as the Line of Control,” he added.
India had launched Operation Sindoor on May 7 in reply to the ghastly terror attack in Pahalgam on April 22. The terror attack had killed 26 people. India had struck nine terror sites in Pakistan and Pakistan-Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (PoJK). Pakistan sought to up the ante with a series of unprovoked escalations using artillery guns and drones. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fast Four Quiz: Precision Medicine in Cancer

How much do you know about precision medicine in cancer? Test your knowledge with this quick quiz.
Get Started
“I know my limits, no differences between CM Siddaramaiah and me”: DK Shivakumar – World News Network

Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar on Sunday said all is well…

APSEZ breaks records: Handles 420 MMT cargo globally, sets new milestones in March 2024 – World News Network

The company announced that it achieved its highest ever monthly cargo volumes,…

Stock market opens on a bullish note: Nifty-Sensex surge – World News Network

Simultaneously, the BSE Sensex followed suit, leaping by 317.27 points or 0.43…

Your one-stop resource for medical news and education.

Your one-stop resource for medical news and education.
Sign Up for Free

You Might Also Like

Uttarakhand CM Dhami raises sugarcane SAP for 2025-26 crushing season – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

IMD issues red alert as Cyclone Ditwah continues northward parallel to TN-Puducherry coast – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

Hope everyone works with a cool head during winter session: Union Minister Rijiju ahead of Parliament’s session – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

Ashwini Vaishnaw reviews railways’ preparedness to ensure passenger safety, minimise disruptions in wake of cyclone Ditwah – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

Sports

India U17s unfazed in face of Goliath task against Iran – World News Network
Sports
Messi one step away from MLS Cup glory as Inter Miami seal dominant 5-1 win – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Videos
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Press Release
  • Press Release Distribution Packages

Entertainment

Guy Pearce apologises for misleading posts on social media, decides to take break after backlash – World News Network
Entertainment
From Vecna’s “hourglass” look to Will’s glow-up: Stranger Things fans flood social media with hilarious memes after Vol. 1 drops – World News Network
Entertainment
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?